Ways to Make The Post-Massage Feeling Last
By Carolina Cuartas - August 5, 2019
< Go Back
Yay, you've finally you got the pain and stress relieving massage you've been aching for! Make sure to make the most out of your bliss with these post massage tips.Â
1. Scheduling. Â Anytime is a good time to get a massage, so there isnâ€™t a â€œbestâ€ time for a massage. It depends on what day it is, how busy your day is, and what you are looking to get from the massage. A morning massage is the best way to start your day feeling refreshed and happy. A lunchtime massage is a great way to take a break from a hectic day (but make sure you plan relatively easy tasks after getting a massage).The evening is a great way to end the day feeling relaxed and reset.Â
2. Clothing. Rushing to put your tight slacks, jeans, or leggings can be a stressful situation after getting a massage.Â Bring comfortable clothing to change into.Â In addition, wear as little jewelry as possible to your massage as well. This helps avoid the awkwardness of the therapist asking you to take something off mid-massage.
3. Mindset. Get there early. Avoid stressful situations before and after your massage. Listen to calming music on the way to your massage. Put the day to day stressors in the foreground of your mind.Â
4. Diet. We suggest that you donâ€™t eat a big meal before getting a massage. Trying planning dinner/lunch after you get your massage. Â Avoid heavy foods as well thatâ€™ll make you feel sluggish, not energized.Â
5. Hydrate. This one is important!
Make sure to stay hydrated pre and post-massage. When you get a massage, especially deep tissue massage, it releases toxins from the muscles into the bloodstream. Hydrating Â will help flush waste and prevent next-day soreness. Â Lastly, dehydrating drinks like alcohol and caffeine.Â
6.Â Exercise. Avoid strenuous workouts for 24 hours after your massage. If you decide to work out, do yoga or some light stretching. Also, if you get a massage after exercising, take a shower. There is a shower at both of our locations if your gym does not have one.Â
7. Treat Yoâ€™self. Â Make it a â€˜meâ€™ day! Plan a trip to the nail salon, dinner, or a relaxing bubble or Epsom salt bath on the same day!